1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Citicorp Field

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Help them what?

Get high off a crack rock to mitigate the disgust of wiping slobber and other unknown bodily substances off their nether regions?

I can think of better uses for my money, yeah.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if any marketing companies have done any research into whether paying for naming rights is anything more than a measuring contest among businesses. Does it really give companies any return on their investment? Are consumers really more likely to go to Citibank rather than Lincoln Financial because their home team's stadium is named after one or the other?

I really find it hard to believe it's worth the cost these companies pay and, frankly, if it's worth it for the ballclubs. Sure, the $15 million right now seems pretty good, but is "Petco Park" ever going to keep earn any cache among fans 60 years from now the way say Fenway Park or Yankee Stadium did?

Draft saved Draft deleted