1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Circulation folk

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trunkmonkey, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Trunkmonkey

Trunkmonkey Member

Just curious, but at the papers where YOU work, are the circulation department folk just a little bit weird? Of course there are good people everywhere, but c'mon. We have this dude who invades our lunchroom, sleeps on the sofa with his shoes and socks off, turns up the heat in there and farts like he's Rosie O'Donnell at Taco Bell. I am not trying to be cruel here, but it seems like half of the people who work in circulation were either extras on The Hills Have Eyes or just got our of the slammer. ...........

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sure. But so am I. Normal people are the worst.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

There's a whole different vibe among the graveyard crew.
    Check out the pressroom and mailroom, along with the carriers. Many are a bit off.
    Maybe it's something in people who choose to work in the early morning and sleep all day.

4. KG

KG Active Member

I'm over some of the graveyard crew. I recently had an employee that I was certain had at least considered murder when he was fired. However, his creepiness did provide some fun entertainment I shared with a few Sjers, so I have to give him credit for keeping it a little interesting...when it wasn't too scary.

The sofa dude sounds a bit creepy. Why does he get away with sleeping on the job?

Draft saved Draft deleted