1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cingular

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Paul E. Dangerously wants his phone back, too.

2. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

I completely agree with you, but it's not just the cell phone service. It's the customer service, which Cingular absolutely blows at. I'm guessing a long line of inbred orangutans could help me out better than the dipshits who work at Cingular.

3. XXXX

XXXX Member

i just read this. your next bill will be like $300 b/c they will tack on reconnection fees and liquidation fees. it shit awful. i have had 5 bad payment arguments with them for the past 5 months. they suck big time!!!!!!!!!

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I just got a Sanyo 8400. Awesome, and much cheaper than a Razr.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I've had Cingular for almost two years, but my contract isn't up for another year and a half. I upgraded back in October, that added two more years. When I moved back home and had to change my address on my account, that added two more years.

Fuck Cingular.

I'm not about to pay the $200 to get out of my contract either. And oh yeah, ever since they've become the new AT&T, my bill has soared to over $200.

Fuck Cingular.

I once had to set up a payment plan or whatever when I couldn't pay my entire bill (which was over $300 once...that was total bullshit. I knew the charges were bogus, but I couldn't get out of it and had to pay it all). They still disconnected me even though I had just spoken to them the day before and said I would pay the rest of the bill when I got paid at work.

Fuck Cingular.

I'm not supposed to be charged roaming or long distance, but my hometown isn't on the Cingular network and I get charged a shitload for having to use a CellOne tower just to make/receive calls when I'm at home.

Fuck Cingular.

Rollover minutes, what a fucking joke. I once got a bill that said I went over my 450 anytime minutes by 350 (so I used 800 minutes that month), yet I had over 1,200 rollover minutes left. They went unused and I was charged an extra $150 or so for that. I eventually got the $150 refunded.

Fuck Cingular, the new AT&T.

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i've never had a problem with cingular. i had plenty of problems with sprint before i switched.

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Cingular's service is OK. The customer service is awful....they hire two or three people to work in each Cingular store.

8. I haven't had a problem with Cingular, in fact, they helped me out a few months ago. My wife ran up a $550 bill one month, so I upped my rate plan. The customer service rep at the store who helped me do it, recommended to call the main service line to see if I could get some relief on my bill. So I called the main Cingular line, and a girl offered me a $250 credit. She put me on hold, and the call got dropped. I called back and a dude said he'd do the same for me.

I get my bill, and you guessed it, a $500 credit. So, I can't complain. :D

9. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

No problems with Cingular except at their stores. I went to a store to see about adding a line for my son and they wanted to charge me for the phone plus about $100/month for the service. I decided to switch to Verizon. I call Cingular to find out if I'm still on contract (I wasn't). Then they asked (politely) why I wanted to know and I told her. She offered me three new phones for free, and the monthly bill for them is less than $80, so I jumped at it. No signal problems either. The store people are morons though.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Oh, this wasn't a bad payment disconnect and I will be seething if they had a reconnect fee. I will be calling back again and I will drop the words attorney general if they do that. I'm sure I'll get it back as a credit.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Chances are you'll get the standard $36 reconnect fee on your next bill.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I've had Verizon for more than five years now. OK customer service, but their signal doesn't even get into our office. I'm done with my contract, but I'm not re-upping yet for a few reasons. Cingular had intrigued me because of the rollover, since there are some months where I'll use 412 minutes and the next month I'll use 118.

My old roommate did have a RAZR back when they came out in late 2005, and she had it break on her within a week.

Draft saved Draft deleted