1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cingular

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Feb 18, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm changing to Verizon soon.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Fuck Cingular with a rusty pitchfork.
    That is all.

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Well it's AT&T now.

4. patchs

patchs Active Member

I've helped a few SportsJournalists.commers get the Sprint SERO plan and I haven't heard any complaints.
    It's been great for me, I use my Slingbox on my Treo to my heart's content and I never worry if I'm over texting or over my minutes.
    Again, $30 a month for 500 anytime minutes, 7 p.m. nights, free weekends, unlimited texting and high-speed Internet (if you're in the area), picture mail.
    I had to ask customer service to get the picture mail set up but I've had no contact with them since early June.
    I have had no beefs with Sprint, they even have a new tower 5 miles from my house so my coverage is even better.
    Again, PM me if you're interested.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

If you would have received a $430 phone bill today, you too would be pissed.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Stop calling those 1-900 party lines then.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

W.T.F!?!

Did that include a new iPhone or something?

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Nope. I changed my rate plan and they failed to inform me that my 1,000 rollover minutes disappeared with the change.
    I then went over my plan by 728 minutes (thanks in large part to working from home and no, my paper does not reimburse me for my cell phone minutes. So I will not be using my cell phone for work anymore) for a nice hefty charge of $292 on top of my normal bill.
    They said their agent was supposed to inform me of my rollover minutes disappearing and they were sorry for the inconvenience.
    I then became irate and told the lady to quit saying $290 was an inconvenience and asked if she had heard that gas cost more than $3 a gallon and that the economy is in a recession and that $290 fucking dollars isn't a fucking inconvenience.
    And then she said, "I'm sorry sir. We apologize for the inconvenience."
    I then asked to speak to a manager.
    Was transferred and told them I'd pay the bill, but can I please do it in monthly installments because I don't have $430 lying around.
    They said no.
    It needs to be paid in full by March 14 or they will shut off my phone.
    I told them their company was everything that was wrong with America and big business and hung up.
    I've had a wonderful day.

10. Inky_Wretch

Why the fuck did you rollover minutes disappear? You earned them under the old plan, they should carry over to the new one.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

They said that when you lower your minutes you lose your rollover minutes. If they would have told me that, I wouldn't have lowered my minutes.

12. Inky_Wretch

I'd be filing a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I'd work my way up the food chain and try to get them retroactively switch me back to the old plan, with the rollovers.

Don't give up after one call to Customer Service.

Draft saved Draft deleted