1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cindy Sheehan's "fast"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jul 4, 2006.

1. joe king

joe king Active Member

John Walsh?

2. JME

JME Member

What about him?

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He's apparently an attention whore also because he's used the violent death of his son to help other people.

4. JME

JME Member

People are smart.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Of course, no political thread would be complete without an implication that anyone and everyone who brings an opposing viewpoint is racist.

I'd think with all those books you read, LJB, you wouldn't keep saying such stupid shit.

And if you don't think Sheehan's on the fringe, then name all the mainstream Democrats who stand beside her.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Don't mention Cindy Sheehan and Rosa Parks in the same sentence...

I feel terrible about what happened to Sheehan's son. But she is disgracing his memory with her actions. She's turned into an attention whore...

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

John Walsh may be an attention junkie but what he's doing has saved some kids' lives, something you can't say for CIndy Sheehan.

I don't think anyone has criticized her right to speak out and protest and say what she wants. THe issue I have, and the issue many conservatives have, is tha when we criticize her stance, we get ripped ("How dare you criticize a mother who lost her son."). We've got the same rights she does for freedom of speech. Just because she lost a son in a war doesn't elevate her rights over anyone else's. Yet, that's the spiel we get.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like waiting 24 hours to eat is pointless and stupid no matter where you stand politically.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What a bunch of crazy Bolshevik nutniks! What were they thinking!!! The war is going so well and all.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah and what about those Mothers Against Drunk Driving bimbos. What good did they ever do? Damn witches, used to be in this freedom-loving country you could drive with a load on and no one would blink.

Then just because some kids get killed and the media jumps in bed with these women, the cops start enforcing the freakin' laws. There outta be a law against that!

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If she helps get us out of Iraq sooner than we would have, that's where the life-saving comes in. Those guys who burned their draft cards and the martyrs at Kent State, they didn't save lives right away. But their helping to make Vietnam politically unpopular eventually had that effect. And yes you have protested her right to protest. You've told her to shut up. You've had not criticized her stance as much as criticized her existence. And no one has said her rights are above anyone else's. People are saying she has every right to do what you would deny her. Successful protest is not a genteel tea party.

Draft saved Draft deleted