1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cindy Sheehan's "fast"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jul 4, 2006.

1. bobblehead

bobblehead Guest

You know, this so called diet for wackos reminds me of the peaceniks who went to Iraq before we attacked and were going to pose as human shields. They thought they'd be placed in hospitals and some of the guest rooms of the Republican Guard. Instead, Saddam's boys sent them to the oil infrastructure and the hot, sticky desert.  Seems as though many came running home to Mother Sarandon and the other goofballs in this mix.

But oh yes. They represented America well, didn't they?  I know some around here are proud of them, many other sickened by them.

They should have been strapped to the fireworks I saw being launched on the lake tonight.

2. bobblehead

bobblehead Guest

By the way, Cindy Sheehan is a sad, pathetic piece of humanity. A duped pawn.

3. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Whacko to be using her son's death to gain personal fame, glory and riches.

Put aside your politics and ask yourself, "Could someone be such a sick twist to do such a thing?" Yep. Guarantee you, she'll get a book deal, and will try to do speaking engagements, from which will come more money. At the end of the night, it's all about "what's in it for me?" She craves the attention, stupid-ass TV reporters give it to her, and she gets a step closer to a payday.

4. bobblehead

bobblehead Guest

Where the @# is the boy's father? I've never heard a thing about him. Obviously, they have to be divorced. How could you spend a minute with her?

5. bobblehead

bobblehead Guest

Hell man, I think she already has a book deal. There's rumors of a movie in the works too

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

What fucking glory is she getting? Are you Anne Coulter Lite? She's getting thrashed by right-wing keyboard crusaders all over the country and she's probably getting villified to her face, too. And yet she soldiers on, using all means possible to get her viewpoint across, as our First Amendment (which I'm sure you're a defender of) allows. And guess what? It's a majority viewpoint. Most people think she's right. She ain't fringe, that's for sure/

7. JME

JME Member

Based on what, other than your obvious leanings? Are people using her for their agenda? Sure. Do I believe she's simply using her son's death to become famous? Fuck no. Like dooley said, most people think she's right. Just because she's a nuisance to people on the right who want to act like it's all good, doesn't make her some monster.

8. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

A majority? According to what bullshit, non-credible poll? And I agree, she's not on the fringe, cause her ass keeps getting on TV, which brings me back to my point. This is all about her. No cause. It's exposure, it's money. It's all about her.

I'm not saying she's a monster either. I think she's just taking advantage of the system, and profiting off her son's death.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You lose a lot of credibility if you don't acknowledge that most Americans want us out of Iraq. (BTW, can "non-credible poll" be basically translated as "poll that has findings opposite my beliefs"? Just trying to get the terms straight here). You could reasonably think that perhaps we shouldn't make decisions about terrorism based on polls. But you can't reasonably say that the polls don't say what they say. And I guess those polls with Bush's popularity at 30-35 percent were "non-credible" also. Heck, I bet Sheehan's popularity rating is higher.

But the main point is, there's no fucking way you can tell that she's not being sincere. And I bet most of her book earnings would go toward the cause. Which I bet you can't say about whatever Charlton Heston made off shilling for the NRA. So again, let me get the terms straight: "making money" equals "insincere". I see. So I guess Schindler's List was a fraudulant enterprise.

10. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Now, now. Let's not stray off all over the place (by the way, the Schindler's List reference was nice!!).

Research my previous posts, and you'll find I'm a little cynical (see the thread about the CIA giving up on its hunt of Osama). I don't think she's sincere. I don't believe anything she says. And yes, I think polls are useless. But that's a whole different thread. 

Cindy will continue to get her spotlight as long as the networks give it to her. Simple as that. And she'll get paid.

You all can continue discussing. Been enjoyable.

11. JME

JME Member

Makes sense to me that a woman whose kid dies in combat would want to use it to become famous, rather than lie low and just wallow in the pain of it by herself. That would be the natural response of any parent.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

You guys have got to be able to find someone better to shit on than a middle-aged lady who is a walking open sore.

Makes you wonder if people like you would have called a Rosa Parks twisted, self-serving and/or fame-seeking.

Draft saved Draft deleted