1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cincinnati Chili

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Umm, NO, not at all. That's a huge misconception many have that chili comes from Mexico. It does not.

Mexicans know very well what Chile peppers are, they know what Chile sauces are, but they don't know the first damn thing about this meal in a bowl called chili that Americans love unless they ate it here or at some US chain like Wendy's that serves it in Mexico. It is NOT part of traditional Mexican cuisine in any way. But tons of Americans have that misconception.

2. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Yup. Chili is a fine food of the Tex-Mex tradition. Not so much in actual Mexican food.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

It's a Kansas thing, I'm told. Sounds disgusting but is wonderful. And for the record, you don't dip the roll in the chili.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Ai. Big hot steaming bowl of chili with a big fat cinnamon roll on the side.

Very very delicious.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I can't get into the Cincinnati chili thing. I've had the Skyline at Great American Ballpark, and it was kinda nasty. I was disappointed after all the buildup.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

To me, going to Cincinnati for chili seems a bit like going to Boston for beignets or Denver for cheesesteak.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You people need serious help.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Due to the chili or Mrs. Junkie?

9. tmayforth

tmayforth Member

I want no part of it if it's like Rocky Mountain oysters.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Bottom line, it's the only way most of us will ever have a three-way, so just enjoy and quit bitchin'

(I really like spaghetti in chili -- not so high on the watery, cinnamonny Cincy crud, though.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Know how people say there are threads that really separate people for them into categories?

This is mine. Anyone who doesn't love Skyline obviously has massive problems. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted