1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cincinnati Chili

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Feb 25, 2010.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

So upset when the Hard Times Cafe in my town closed. Loved the free four-chili sampler and always got a chili burger.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Accept no substitutes.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I was in Skyline once and commented to the waiter that there were a lot of chili places.

Chili boy says, "I'll have you know that Cincinnati is the chili capital of the world."

I respond, "Well, pardon me for thinking it might be Mexico City or Guadal-goddamn-hara. I don't even think you let the Mexicans know you were having a contest. Because a boy would have come up and kicked your ass.
    He wouldn't have even needed a ride. He could ride a goat up here. Of course, he'd need a lift home. You can't ride home on a bowl of goat."

4. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

This is probably the thing I miss the most about living in Cincy.

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Never liked it much, even when I lived there. Always thought it was too watery. But a lot of native Cincinnatians swear by it.

6. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

+ cheese + sour cream = heaven

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

what's so big about this? It's like BBQ sketti but instead of pulled pork and BBQ sauce you throw some chili on the sketti? Come on. I was eating homemade concoctions like these before Memphis or Cincy made them famous. Shit, I even ate Hamburger Helper before it was Hamburger Helper. It's called mac and cheese with scrambled hamburger in my house.

the easily homemade gimmicks people leave their houses to waste good money on.

8. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Real Frito Pie isn't served in a bowl. It's served in the Frito bag.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Just reading this thread is making me need to use the bathroom.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Seriously, I moved close to Cincy two years ago and I still think this is weird. CHILI does not belong on SPAGHETTI. It belongs in a bowl with cheese on top and a cinnamon roll on the side.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Now THAT'S weird. A cinnamon roll with chili??

12. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

Had it once with my parents, and I remember we all thought it tasted like kitchen cleaner.

Draft saved Draft deleted