1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ciao, Walt Harris

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Dec 4, 2006.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Pleased? What the hell am I gonna laugh at now? Vindicated is more like it, since so many people said to me "how could Pitt get rid of Harris?" Quite simple: If he coached and recruited the way that he made excuses Pitt would have two BCS titles by now.

For eight years he cried that he coudnt get players to come to Pitt because of th perception of the Big East in comparison to the ACC and the Fat 10. Then he goes to Stanford and - guess what? - he cant recruit because of the tough academic standards at the school. Okay, Wlat, where CAN you recruit? Give us a list of names.

I get the feeling that his attitude and personality had as much to do woth his dismissal as his losing. Rumor was Harris managed to piss everyone from top to bottom at Stanford, which should be surprising to no one that was familar with him at Pitt. Wlat's a guy that's too arrogant to realize that he's stupid.

I hope he gets another head coaching job at some Sub Belt or WAC school. I need the humor.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Alabama... it would improve the quality of both coach and team...

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is some quality vitroil.

4. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Yet always managed to blow a playoff opportunity late in the season. Wannstedt and Cavanaugh are in the middle of unleashing the same Keystone Kops show in Pittsburgh that Chicago suffered through when they were together. They were feel-good hires at Pitt. Tony Dorsett and Mark May must not have been available to be offensive coordinator, so they went with the next best thing and the fact he and Wannstedt had worked together before made it an even easier choice. I'd like to see a program like Pitt aspire to excellence, not just to hire warm-and-fuzzy caricatures of what a "Pitt Guy" should look, sound and coach like.

5. Ciao is for people who are still alive.
    RIP is for dead people, and coaches who get fired by Stanford are not dead, as much as they appear to be.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

But he does have a hot daughter, so there was something positive.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I
    And she ain't too fond of the Wlat-Man if you've ever spoken with her.

Draft saved Draft deleted