1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ciao, John Bolton ....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

http://www.alaskareport.com/z44980.htm

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

He was the quintessential Bush appointee and a symbol of how we now are viewed by the rest of the world:

UN members never respected Bolton. "He lives in another world, with this belief that he is morally superior and the U.S. is more moral than all the countries around the world," Oswaldo de Rivero, then the ambassador from Peru, a Security Council member, said.

3. One down...

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

A sad, sad day. I hope his replacement does half the job he did.

5. Agreed.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Christ, the guy was a bull in a china shop. Always a good idea to name someone that wants to destroy the UN to be your country's ambassador there. But that's typical of Fredo's regime.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/04/world/05nationscnd.html?hp&ex=1165294800&en=085c276f00daf688&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Of course, even Mr. Bolton’s success in championing the Bush administration represented a problem for him at the world organization, where that policy is perceived as disdainful of diplomacy itself, heedless in its effects on others and single-minded in its assertion of American interests.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yes, because being a bully is such a positive way to represent this country.

Bolton is an example of what's been wrong with our foreign policy for most of Bush's term.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Jesus, sc, I thought those two morons were joking.

Apparently not.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

You haven't been paying attenton, detective.
    Lyman and Guy think Bush is the greatest president in American history.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I give you the words of the noted firebrand conservative Alan Dershowitz

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I agree with Dershowitz (and ostensibly you), PDB, but doesn't it become awful difficult to serve America within the auspices of the UN if one hasn't the respect and consideration of other delegates?

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

The US Ambassador to the UN isn't going to win many popularity contests.

Draft saved Draft deleted