1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chuck - Season 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by billikens, Jan 6, 2010.

1. I don't really understand why Chuck is having its best season and its ratings are lower than ever. I know there isn't a direct correlation where quality = ratings, but I don't understand why this show doesn't have a larger audience. It seems like a show that average folk would like but it has the ratings of a niche program.

2. BRoth

BRoth Member

Because it's lacking what America is really captivated by:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

What I didn't like about the episode/season was why Chuck felt he couldn't be with Sarah at the train station. It has never made sense and has turned his current pining after Sarah to be pathetic.

4. billikens

billikens Member

Agreed. I tried to just gloss over that as a convenient plot point, but if I were to watch the end of season two into season 3, I can't imagine him not showing up at the train station is going to make much sense. But I'm also willing to let it slide because this season has been so enjoyable.

5. Webster

Fun episode last night. It was apparently written as the original season finale. I didn't believe that Sarah was in love with him from the very start, but they work so well together and I liked the James Bond ending. Plus it was nice to see Casey and Morgan interact.

Even suspending disbelief that he would bring her to Paris and take her to the square, I didn't quite figure out why Shaw didn't just shoot Sarah there and was going to throw her in the river instead.

6. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

Dr. Evil: All right guard, begin the unnecessarily slow-moving dipping mechanism.

[guard starts dipping mechanism]

Dr. Evil: Close the tank!

Scott Evil: Wait, aren't you even going to watch them? They could get away!

Dr. Evil: No no no, I'm going to leave them alone and not actually witness them dying, I'm just gonna assume it all went to plan. What?

Scott Evil: I have a gun, in my room, you give me five seconds, I'll get it, I'll come back down here, BOOM, I'll blow their brains out!

Dr. Evil: Scott, you just don't get it, do ya? You don't.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I actually think that would have been a very satisfying end to the series if they have to do it this season. Hopefully it gets more, but honestly if I never see another episode I could look at that as a good ending.

8. Webster

Anyone watch last night? I found Chuck and Sarah to be a little too cutesy, but if they don't foucs on the stauts of the relationship, hopefully the series can move forward.

Also, if Ellie is going to continue to be as annoying as she has been this season, then I don't see a reason to keep her and Awesome on if there is a Season 4, especially with all of the buget cuts.

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

That one really felt like a season and possibly series finale ... and then come the scenes from next week's episode.
    Surprised my wife and me.

10. JakeandElwood

I've felt that way about the past two, Twoback.

11. BRoth

BRoth Member

For what it's worth, the previous episode, when Chuck and Sarah are in Paris and go Bond by turning off the computer on The General was supposed to be the season/possible series finale, which probably would have been perfect. This week's episode started the run of shows that had to be tacked on after NBC ordered an extra six.

12. JakeandElwood

Ah, that makes sense. I'm glad for the extra episodes, but that would have been a perfect ending.

Draft saved Draft deleted