1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chuck - Season 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by billikens, Jan 6, 2010.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

I may have been paying more attention that I usually do because of this, but last night's episode was Zachery Levi's directoral debut, which I wasn't too keen on. Story was good and fun as normal, but a lot of the shot choices/reactions seemed a little out of the ordinary compared to other episodes.

Anyone else notice this?

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Watched it last night and thought it was painfully overdirected. Brining Morgan into the loop is great and it will be fun to see what they do with it.

3. Is it weird that I really like it when Jeff and Lester sing?

4. BRoth

BRoth Member

I think its pretty fun stuff, so you're not alone. Now the direction of the musical number from the last episode ... that's another story.

5. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I hope Hannah isn't gone because Kristin Kreuk is quite nice to look at. Has it been announced this is the last season?

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Word from Sepinwall is that the ratings have been decent this year and the thought is that NBC now has 5 hours a week to program so they may be more likely to keep Chuck.

An excellent episode last night.

7. billikens

billikens Member

I'd love to see it for one more year, but I'd also love to give the writers a chance to tie up the story. I'm certainly not doubting their abilities to keep things fresh as they've proven this season that they can continue to deliver. But I also don't want to get to season 6 then lose interest when Chuck and Sarah almost get together for the 17th time, and Chuck is conflicted about choosing between his spy life and personal life for the 47th time.

Ugh, too much negativity from me. Awesome show last night. Still my favorite show on television right now. Really hoping it's coming back for another season.

8. BRoth

BRoth Member

I really enjoy the show, but can't stand the snail-crawl progression of the Chuck-Sarah story line. At least Ross and Rachel got together in what, season 2? I'd love to see what the writers could do with the show if we just got some kind of closure on these two, whether they decide to get together or not.

9. BRoth

BRoth Member

Guess Chuck didn't do so well this week: http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/03/chuck-hits-alltime-low-as-dst-begins.html

Granted, the time change is listed as the main reason.

10. billikens

billikens Member

Another fantastic episode tonight. I get a kick out of watching Casey interact with Jeff/Lester, so thoroughly enjoyed that. I'm getting a little tired of the "Chuck, you have to complete this or you're not a spy" routine, but the episode was good enough that I can let this one slide. They said they wanted a game-changer at the end of last season and everything they've done so far has been fantastic.

No Morgan and no Awesome&Ellie, so I guess it was their turn to sit on the bench. Ellie has basically been a non-factor this season. I'm wondering if they're gearing up a story line for her or if she'll simply be written out of the show. Makes little sense to use Sarah Lancaster if all she gets is 30 seconds of screen time per week to tell Chuck she never sees him anymore.

The stretch run will be interesting. I read an interview with one of the producers who said NBC originally ordered 13 episodes, so the writers sketched out and wrote a story line for 13 episodes. Then, after the season had started, NBC came back and tacked six more episodes onto the season. But instead of throwing filler shows in, the writers kept the story they had and decided to build on it for the last 6 shows.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed this episode although the ending was a bit predictable. Here's hoping it gets another season.

12. BRoth

BRoth Member

Wasn't that crazy about the strobe-like fight scene in the bathroom, although I assume they did it that way because it looked like Zachary Levi didn't use a stunt double for it. I guess it was supposed to make the action look faster than it was?

I'm curious to see how the next episode tidies things up from this one. Obviously, no one is going to Rome. That terrible looking set of the train station from the season premiere was bad enough.

Draft saved Draft deleted