1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chuck Season 2

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Madhavok, Sep 29, 2008.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

Ditto. For your viewing pleasure (I'd imagine NSFW): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1isjt_sara-foster-jordana-brewster_shortfilms

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that, right there, might be the greatest post ever submitted at this site.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Well there was no way that he could let Jill escape, as she not only knew about Sarah and Casey, but Chuck's cover at the Buy More.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Buy More antics was good with the employee of the month getting the huuuuge television. It was nice seeing Carl Lumbly (Dixon Alias), but Chuck's antics are getting a bit old. And by antics, I mean, always getting in trouble for tagging along. Maybe it's just me. Still a fun show to watch.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, his constant desire to prove himself in tough situations then coming up with an unorthodox solution to save the day (making Casey mad last night) is a little formulaic but I like it.

6. Webster

They should try dialing down the spy stuff for a few episodes -- deal with his sister and Awesome or Morgan. A problem with the show is that the Buy More people are great, but it is a bit of a limiting environment. We know that Chuck is an underachiever who should do better than the Buy More and there are only so many variations on that story.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i absolutely love this show, and i dug last night's episode. but that was a great breakdown, webster. you have a bright future as a tv critic ... oh, that's right, the newspaper business is going to hell.

but shit, i'd love to keep reading your stuff here. that was spot on. :D

8. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Whatever happened to Morgan's Buy More fling? She's vanished.....this show is just a fun hour, all the way around

9. Webster

Another solid episode last night. I think that we're learning a little too much about Sarah's background, but that's OK I guess. Gary Cole was good in his role and I assume that he'll be back at some date. Only having two stories made for a better show this week.

They have been hitting us over the head with the mentions of Chuck's father the past couple of episodes.

10. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I really enjoyed this one, too..... Chuck has just the right mix of action and funny for me. I'm not normally an action kind of guy, but this show is so well-written and humorous that it makes a big difference.
    Also, I'm a total mark for Gary Cole. One of the most underrated actors out there.
    Was I the only one who had the "Dukes of Hazzard" theme playing in my head after that last scene with Morgan and the General Lee car? Sweet.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Nice homages last night. Al Powell, the cop from Die Hard, playing the same role and being Big Mike's cousin? Awesome. And the gunman's name was Ned Ryerson, a nod to Groundhog Day.

12. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Last night's eps. was really, really good. The Die Hard cop was hysterical, right down to the Twinkie.

Draft saved Draft deleted