1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chuck Season 2

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Madhavok, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Hey, maybe NBC needs to hire a copy editor?

Anyway, I still like the show. Which means it's not long for production, probably.

2. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

I've just started watching this season, and I like the show. It's not as complex or deep as most series I like, but it's fun.

I was worried that they were making a bad move by turning Chuck and Sarah into an item, because it would destroy the sexual tension between them. But they handled it nicely, even if it's hard to believe that any guy would voluntarily pass up on a chance to make things happen with her. I suppose that's why he's a hapless loser who works at a Best Buy (or whatever they call it). Fortunately he'll get another shot at her right before the series is cancelled. Gotta love television.

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Finally caught up with the last two episodes. I always miss it because of MNF and well, I'm not used to the time change out here just quite yet even though it's been a year. I like how Chuck 'ended' whatever what was going on between the two and hopefully the tension level rises due to it.

4. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

If ever there was a thread crying out for a Heathersjack this week, this is the one. Lots of fun 80s and 90s high school movie callbacks, and a pretty dark subplot involving Sarah's background and how she got involved in the CIA, mercifully, none of which involved Bryce Larkin. Nicole Richie wasn't bad, but she didn't exactly set the show on fire, either.

Coming soon: the appearance of the mysterious Jill.

5. I am sorry but I love the Big Box themes throughout the show. Having worked in retail part-time on a regular basis, the Buy More clips are real funny to me.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

As they are to me after serving a couple of years at my local Best Buy. Good episode. Was flipping back and forth between it and MNF. Finally some backstory on Sarah (Jenny, whoever...) along with a Boy Meets World former star!

7. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Great show. Worried it'll get lost in the ratings crunch with "Life," which is even better. I'll take stunt-casting like Strahan if it keeps the show alive a little longer ...

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Nicole Richie looked surprisingly hot, didn't she? Not on par with Yvonne Strahovski -- one of the hottest women in the history of history -- but still, not too shabby.

You have to love the Heather Chandler and Mark Ratner references. Also, I could be wrong, but I think the music where they're putting the Buy More back together at the end was the music from the similar scene in Risky Business.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I've just gotten into this show and I'm really enjoying it. The plot is interesting and Yvonne is stunning.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm starting to like chuck more than the show that follows.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, I have it TiVo'd so I guess I better start watching.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

started feeling that way last year, tony.

chuck is good stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted