1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chuck E's In Jail

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 3, 2008.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There's nothing cool, ironic or post-modern about having your 21st birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's. Chuck E. Cheese's is shitty food and shitty games served in a shitty atmosphere. It's misery for anyone older than eight, and for a 21 year old, a little on the creepy side.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

There are two in Mississauga. You can take your son there for his next birthday.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I was being sarcastic and I agree: it's pathetic, bordering on creepy.

Best birthday parties we ever had for my sons; rent the local gym at the community centre, let them play floor hockey and basketball, order in pizza and bring a cake.

No muss, no fuss, all over in two hours and you don't have 15 eleven year olds in your house.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

No. Fucking. Way.

And don't mention it to him! He'll want to go when he turns eight next Monday!

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

How about I mention it to him this Sunday at the game?

You can buy me a beer though and I'll shut up. :)

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Very dirty, JR. Very dirty :)

Hey, at least we're done with the hot dogging anthem singer friend of yours, huh? :)

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So I guess they'll announce his birthday over the PA on Sunday. Very cool.

You guys need to have a LONG playoff run so HC can get some anthems in.

Hey, that high note was pretty cool.

8. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

There was a sexual assault on a 6-year-old at the Chuck E's near my neighborhood about a month ago. And yet the parking lot remains full at dinner time.

How you say... absentee parenting?

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

It was very cool. Only thing on the ice to compare to it was Duchene's goal.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Top Ten in '09.

11. Overrated

Overrated Guest

That made my day, Bubbler. Chuck E. Cheese is to Showbiz Pizza as what Scientology is to religion.

This quote from the sergeant cracked me up.

If people aren't used to pepper spray, they get pretty scared and angry," said Jones.

Draft saved Draft deleted