1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas wishes to all thread.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Dec 23, 2011.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

It'll be a while yet. I don't leave until July.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas!

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Merry Christmas to everyone. May the Lord bless you and keep you in the coming year.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

OK, gotta confess, I hardly post anything anymore. Mostly because of the politics stuff (and I'm the polar opposite of most of you there, so we'll leave it at that).

However, you've heard so much bitching and depression from me over the years, it wouldn't be fair for me to not let you in on some actual good things in my life.

On Christmas Eve, my beautiful daughter took me to my first-ever NFL game for Christmas.

Her and her Raider-lovin' fiance (stupid bastard :) ) bought not just three tickets, but four, and paid the hotel room for two days in Kansas City.

I met a wonderful woman 3 weeks and 4 days ago (and counting). After a 6-month, one-sided romance fell apart in September, I just prayed for someone who was just as crazy about me as I was her.

Well, God knew exactly what I wanted, and met needs that even I didn't know I had. Her name is Shelly.

I got to finally see Crown Plaza during the holidays. I enjoyed the most awesome and memorable Christmas of my life with the two most wonderful women (Shelly and my daughter) I have ever known. And even losing to a frickin' coin flip (hate those stupid NFL OT rules) couldn't tarnish the weekend we had together.

So for those of you who told me to hang on and kept me from doing anything stupid for the past 5-6 years, I thank you. Things are looking up.

Draft saved Draft deleted