1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas greetings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog eat dog world, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

While not recommended, you're probably OK.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

You can keep your turkey and ham dinners....wife and I did steak and lobster with a blue cheese coleslaw and baked potato. New family tradition! :)

Oh, yeah...and keep the CHRIST in Christmas...reason for the season..Santa is just another word for Satan...all that jazz.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Happy holidays to everyone as the day winds down.

One suggestion to all those parents, aunts and uncles, grandmothers and grandfathers: If your little ones aren't of age where they can be quiet for the better part of hour, you're OK if you don't take them to church. (Sat through an awful Christmas service last night; it was like a day care with all the kids on the sugar rush.)

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Glad this shit is over for another year. Just a major pain in the ass, and this local station my wife has played all month keeps repeating that vomit-inducing Billy Squier Christmas song.

5. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

You, my friend, have apparently never experienced Dyer's Hamburgers in my hometown of Memphis. Legend has it that the same grease has been used since Dyer's opened in 1912. 100 years > 1 month.

6. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

For everyone who has lost loved ones around the holidays or otherwise has had/is having the usual hard time of year: I wish you peace and comfort and hope you might surrender yourselves fully to each moment, taking honor and pride in remembering those who have passed before us.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Where? Where? Where? #TigerWoods

8. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

We stayed in town; not headed to relatives for a couple of days. A friend of ours at our church got stood up by her own damn daughter and family who was staying on the lake with her in-laws and never invited her, knowing she had no one else around....teary-eyed, she asked us if we wouldn't mind sharing with her the dinner she was going to prepare. We did, kicking in a broccoli salad. Forget the roast and ribs we were going to grill, but who cares? It was a real nice Christmas spirit kind of day.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted