1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas greetings for both Democrats & Republicans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stretch15, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

I received this in an e-mail this morning. Good stuff.

If you're looking to write personalized greeting cards for your Democratic & Republican friends, may I suggest the following greetings:

For My Democratic Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to observe religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For My Republican Friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and May God bless you and yours in 2007.

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Oh gawwwwwwwwd, that's hilarrrrrrrrrrrrious!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Hey, while we're in the holiday stereotyping mode, you got any good jokes about black people, jewish people, or animals that just got done fucking?

{/sarcasm}

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Don't forget Hispanics, Muslims, women voters and Orientals. We still need to make jokes about them, too.

4. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Or a third: Ever wonder why we celebrate Jesus' birthday in December. What are you people, pagans?

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I have some cop-and-donut jokes that are almost as funny if you'd like to hear them.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

What are you, stupid?

7. audreyld

audreyld Guest

That's a bit harsh, I think.

It was a harmless bit of (admittedly weak) humor. No biggie.

Draft saved Draft deleted