1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas Gift Help, PRONTO!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

So, my wife throws this surprise on me last night that she would love to have an original Super Nintendo.

She loved Super Mario Bros. as a kid.

Where the hell can I find one of these that they can ship on the double?

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Where to find one would be ebay. Shipping however, would depend.

If you're able to get one (check out the ebay stores), you can always make up a nice certificate saying it's on the way and enclose it in a nice card.

3. rascalface

rascalface Member

Nintendo (NES) or Super Nintendo?

4. KG

KG Active Member

Call around to some of the game stores that sell used games. It isn't very likely that they will have one, but they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Do you have any antique shops nearby? Not the really nice ones, more like the ones in old dingy shopping centers. They usually have stuff like that in there.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I got an e-mail from ebay about overnight shipping. You might want to look there.

6. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Buy her a Nintendo DS. The DS also plays cartridges made for the GameBoy Advance system. Nintendo released many of the classic games on GBA.

[​IMG]

[I was always partial to Bomberman myself.]

You should be able to score a DS just about anywhere and the SMB game can be picked up at GameStop or Best Buy. You won't have to worry about shipping. The Mrs. will get the game she wants. Plus she'll have a system that has a ton of fun games as well.

7. Chef,

If you have a PC at the house, you can always download a MAME, an emulator that lets you play original system games on your PC such as Nintendo's NES, N64 and of Super Nintendo.

Of course it's not the original console, but it might could be a stopgap.

GScribe

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Thanks for the help.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Tell your wife she's a dork and make her read Archie comics or play Dungeons and Dragons.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

I don't believe so.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

No offense intended.
    I was just joshing.

Draft saved Draft deleted