1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas games

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark2010, Dec 26, 2010.

1. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

One or two games are fine. But maybe they can put them later in the day instead, say, at 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. ET. By then people have exchanged their gifts and (if so inclined) gone to church. Unless they have a later Christmas Dinner, they're probably bored at that point and more than happy to have something to do. The NBA's first Christmas game this year started at Noon ET - too early IMO.

I was in New Orleans this Christmas Night, and even the Bourbon Street bars didn't re-open until 6 p.m. that night.

2. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

No need for games on the holiday...especially Christmas Day...can't we all find another way to be entertained for one day???

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Do you realize there are people who don't celebrate a holiday on Dec. 25?

4. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

I don't watch NBA anyway, so not a big deal to me. As for those in the field, it's just like our field. If you didn't know what you were getting into, you should have looked into it a little more. There's nothing saying anyone is guaranteed a day off just because it's Christmas.

Other than that, I miss the Blue-Gray game.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

We need sports on Christmas. Otherwise we'd have to talk to our relatives.
    Honestly, I think attending an event (be it sports or church services) is a nice way to celebrate a holiday.
    And if you are a player in the NBA - every payday is Christmas.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's only an issue on one day out of 364.25 (on average) a year. Humbug!

EDIT: That said, I am sick of the Cowboys playing every Saturday before Christmas. That normally means they go on NFL Network, I'm out of town (or covering a local high school state championship contender most years), and miss some glory one way or the other. Like those back-to-back 70-yard runs up the gut the Ravens pinched off a few years back.

Draft saved Draft deleted