1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christina Applegate Is Available!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

uh-oh.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

nothing like a double standard to start a holiday weekend...

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

If this were an old Western, this would be the part where the town shopkeepers started closing their doors and shutters and peeking out.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

There goes the tumbleweed.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Fuck that.

That may be what killed the other dude.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm not trying to start anything. But what makes one blackly comic RIP thread acceptable and another tasteless?

I'll agree the subject title is tasteless. But the threadjack? Far less over-the-top than Renfro or even Ledger I was away when Ledger died, but a quick scan of page five of the latter thread reveals an Asian dongjack. What's happened here doesn't even register on the SJ tastelessness chart. I know that doesn't say much for us, but we're nothing if not blackly comic.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Judging by the title of the thread, Bucky, I'd say the thread didn't turn at all.

9. How could anyone ever be offended by a comment from BYH? That's who he is. He makes (often hysterical) smart-ass remarks.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

For those of you who didn't get the sarcasm of my post, it was complete written as a joke. I mean, I still think BYH is a waste of skin and a drain on the economy, and he probably smells pretty bad, but it was a joke.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wasn't BYH who threw the curveball

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What difference does it make? None of you loosers have a shot at Christina Applegate anyway.

So go rent Don't Tell Mom The Babysitters Dead and break out the extra Kleenex you'll undoubtedly need.

Draft saved Draft deleted