1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Snow - New director of hockey operations for the Minnesota Wild

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 14, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I don't know if this is the guy Snow replaced and/or how much of his duties Snow would have.....but if Snow even gets half of this guy's duties, he's got real power/responsibilites in the organization.

http://www.wild.com/team/Lynn.asp

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Shit, why not? Pierre Lacroix made the jump from agent to GM and did pretty damn well for himself. If Chris Snow can make an equally impressive move from journalism to the executive suites, more power to him. He'll make more money and have a chance to actually make a difference in his job and there's nothing wrong with aspiring to either of those goals.

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

This has got to be a mistake. So Doug Risebrough and Jacques Lemaire are going to report to a 24-year-old beat writer with no playing experience (at least none that I could find)?

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Hopefully, he'll get out of Boston alive. :D

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

6. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

Wow, that's certainly an impressive and meteoric rise in the sports world. Good luck, Mr. Snow.

7. Terd Ferguson

Terd Ferguson Member

What's so impressive about this?
    I was running my own fantasy NBA basketball team, when I was 17.

OK, seriously congratulations to Chris Snow. That's impressive. Good luck to him. It seems like an odd career jump, but I'm not going to doubt him. Sounds like an intelligent, talented young guy.

8. estreetband75

estreetband75 Member

Risebrough is the GM and he runs the show. Snow will probably report to him. Tom Lynn was handling all of the contract negotiations.

9. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

But in most organizations, doesn't "Director of Hockey Operations" trump GM? 

EDIT - just saw that Risebrough is GM and President.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

You would think. It used to be, or so it seemed, that director of hockey operations was sort of taking over as a catch-all administrative job title. Now you can't be sure.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If he's "Director of Hockey Operations" but reports to the GM, it's a meaningless title.

He's a glorified administrative assistant. But still, pretty damn impressive.

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Chris is just another in the long list of Malden Catholic alums to overachieve!! ;)

Nice kid, I wish him the best of luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted