1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Simms has spleen removed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Kritter47, Sep 25, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I don't think he has too darn much to be worried about in Bruce Gradkowski.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wonder if he had a gynocological exam while he was in the hospital...

Simms is easily the worst starting QB in the league...

3. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I bet Rick Reilly is pissed that this didn't happen in time for him to get it into his missing body parts column.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Bet people said the same thing about Bledsoe and his untested, sixth-round choice backup. What was his name again? Brady?

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

How typical ... some on the board taking shots at Simms in his current state.

I'm as cynical as anyone, but c'mon guys ... the kid finished the game with a ruptured spleen.

I've questioned his decision-making - then again, what QB hasn't made a decision that occasionally backfired? I didn't question his heart or desire to get it done, and I'm not about to start now.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

some of these posts make me ill. chris and his dad are class acts. more tha i can say about many posters here. shame of you. :mad: :mad: :mad:

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think your LiveStrong bracelets are cutting off the flow of blood to your brain.

Chris Simms is worse than...
    --Aaron Brooks
    --JP Losman
    --Kerry Collins
    --Damon Huard
    --Charlie Frye
    --Alex Smith

??

And I think you can come up with something better to knock Simms than "gynocological exam." As others have noted, the dude finished a game with a ruptured spleen. He should never again have to hear questions about his toughness.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've seen Tom Brady. And Gradkowski, sir, is no Tom Brady.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And you're probably right. But I'd hold off before making such bold statements, at least until the kid's played an actual game.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Let's just wish him well, and stop venting our own spleens over this.

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Yeah, how'd that work out for him anyways?

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Aw, come on slappy. The dude left it all on the field ... okay, you're right. He left it all in the operating room.

Draft saved Draft deleted