1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Matthews absolutely pwns a righty talk show host

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, May 15, 2008.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

No ... because that's what the man actually said. He gets a thrill up his leg when Obama speaks.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Today's password is "appeasement."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

This was posted on Kevin James' Wikipedia page:

Hardball Episode
    On May 15, 2008, James was badly humiliated when he appeared on Hardball alongside Mark Green of Air America Radio to debate host Chris Matthews in support of the remarks made by President of the United States George W. Bush on May 15, 2008 during a speech to the Knesset in Israel. Bush implied that there was a connection between Britain's pre-World War II Conservative Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain's policy of appeasement towards Hitler and the policies of leading Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama, in reference to Obama's expressed willingness to meet with the leaders of certain American adversaries in the Middle East. James was challenged by Matthews to explain exactly what Chamberlain did, which he was unable to do, instead repeating, "It's the same thing" in a loud, high-pitched voice during five minutes of repeated questioning. Fellow guest Mark J. Green of Air America radio was clearly embarrassed for Kevin James' glaring lack of knowledge, and urged James to stop digging himself further into "a hole". Green also explained how Conservative talking heads often know nothing about what they're saying, but merely repeat buzzwords designed to frighten and mislead Americans. Although claiming to reiterate what Bush said, he eventually admitted " he did not know" what appeasement meant, nor who Neville Chamberlain was, leading Matthews to state: "if you don't know what appeasement is about then don't talk about it." Matthews dismissed James as "pathetic," going on to draw a distinction between appeasing one's adversaries (by giving them something) and simply talking to them. Matthews was clearly disappointed in his guest, and explained the difference between historical appeasers like the conservative Neville Chamberlain (who handed Czechoslovakia to Hitler) and modern leaders like Barack Obama who favor negotiation. Matthews also pointed out the Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates both favored engagement with Iran. Matthews accused James of being a "blank slate" in regard to American and World history, much like White House spokesman Dana Perino, who in an earlier public appearance had no idea what the Cuban Missile Crisis was. The episode continued on for about 10 minutes.[4]

By watching the youtube reference (number 4, below) it is obvious that poor, poor Kavin James was in over his head.

God, I love the Internets.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's a sweet wikipedia post. Good job on that, Fenian!

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hey!

I was in charge of footnoting!

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Gold star for the minion!

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

*sigh*

I remember when I had my own Ilk.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Indeed.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I saw that and it was pretty entertaining. But this isn't text messaging. You can actually use a word instead of "pwns." :)

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So does this mean some of you people think Neville Chamberlain was misunderstood and judged unfairly by history?

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Blue cowflop chickendance tombstone waterbottle?

12. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

That's a pretty tough thing to glean since nothing of the sort has been said. I believe in the Biden thread, Neville Chamberlain is admonished and many are quick to point out that diplomacy is not the same as Chamberlain's suggestions for dealing with the Nazis.

Draft saved Draft deleted