1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Leak's Wonderlic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Hey, he still beat Vince Young.

And before anyone says it, yes, I know Young's low score was wrong. It's a joke. Back away from the Post button, 'Horns fan.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Marcus Vick, 11. Shocker...

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sorry, it had to be done for the 1,000th time.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It was said for Vince and it should be said for Leak, too. Are we really placing too much emphasis on the Wonderlic?

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't mean to piss in anyone's cereal, but all of this pre-draft combine shit could conceivably be the stupidest thing we've (or the media) decided is "vital" for us to know.

Who gives a shit? Wake me up when they're on the field. All draftniks must die.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Probably. It's a good way for us to say, "Wow, that gifted athlete who is about to make millions is stupid." Of course, Leak isn't going to be picked as high as Young, so he won't make as much. And the teams in the NFL obviously put at least some stock into it or they wouldn't have the players take it.

Of course, I just like the name. Wonderlic. Kind of funny.

8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Bubbler, you hate recruiting gurus, too, don't you?

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I think the Wonderlic may be (slightly) more valuable for people like O-linemen who need to grasp the knowledge of complex schemes.

Other positions are read-and-react, which should be tested with other means than "extend the progression: 1, 10, 100, 1000, ..."

You don't need to know the capital of Kentucky to throw the pill 60 yards whilst seated on your arse.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

So, do you get 3 points if you get the shocker question right?

And I would think QB is a position where the Wonderlic score is pertinent--ability to read and breakdown defenses, evaluate several options in a matter of seconds, etc.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Oh God yes.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I went to high school with a couple of girls whose last name was Wunderlich, pronounced the same, though. They both were named after Russian nobility, and one of them had a freaking alligator (a small one) named LaCoste (after the Izod alligator) in her bedroom.

Draft saved Draft deleted