1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Dufresne bitchslaps SAS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Oct 19, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dufcol19oct19,1,3551592.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

t has been a year and four days since USC traveled to South Bend, Ind., to play a game so memorable that the parking pass from it still warrants a thumb-tack posting on your office wall.

It was the type of mid-October surprise that graces amateur enthusiasts about twice a lifetime, a perfect pairing marriage of anticipation and outcome.

Grantland Rice, called back from the grave, may not have been able to do it justice. "Outlined against Weis' blue-gold windbreaker … ah, I can't write this. -30-".

A selective memory recalls:

• How short Notre Dame Coach Charlie Weis' hair was compared to the grass.

• ESPN's Stephen A. Smith, trailed by his entourage, calling attention to himself in the pre-game hallows outside Notre Dame Stadium.

And then, minutes later, Joe Montana, with arm draped around wife Jennifer, walking unimpeded through the same air space..............

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Please...
    All these NYT-LAT links... they're worthless without passwords...
    Nothing personal, Poinsy, but can we start posting copy instead of links when we do this? Same thing goes for the OJ post...

3. And the point is -- and we have to take Dufresne at his word that SAS was "calling attention to himself." How? -- what? That a current television personality causes more of a buzz on a college campus than a guy who played quarterback there almost 30 years ago?

4. poindexter

I did post the copy. What more do you want?

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Dufresne is solid. SAS should never have an entourage anyway. He shouts enough for everyone to know he's there.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I meant the whole thing, sorry

7. poindexter

Well, its over 5500 characters, and that means multiple posts on the SportsJournalists.com board, which means cutting and pasting over several posts... While the rest of the article has no relevance to the Dufresne rip, which was the purpose of the thread.

Just go to www.bugmenot.com and get passwords for these papers.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

but... but... but... I dun wanna...

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Poin, could you record yourself reading the piece and just e-mail me the file?

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I think it belongs on youtube.

11. poindexter

I'll fly Dufresne over to Slappy's house to not only recite it, but give Slappy his backround notes.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Believe SAS was traipsing around with a couple of bodyguards.

Is that pretentious horseshit, at P Diddy (I wanta be a tough guy, but it ain't easy) levels?

Yep.

What does a journalist need bodyguards for? Unless they were there to gently explain
    football to him . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted