1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Borland walks away from football

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

In other news, the biggest sport event in the world is going on this weekend.

I bet Ronaldo scores 3 goals.

2. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

I bet you a lot of money that you didnt graduate from Clemson, you seem to understand reasoning.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yes, but we're lucky to have a poster like Rivas.

4. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

Thank you sir

5. Baron Scicluna

No it's not. Wrestlemania is less than two weeks from now.

6. Baron Scicluna

:rolleyes:

7. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

Good, watching steroid dudes in speedos is awesome.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I wonder how much of the decision is because the 49ers are a dumpster fire.

I love that Borland did this, more on principle I think as he never made the big money.

9. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

He went to college, he wants to use his education, good for him, you dont need millions to have a good life.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I know more and more guys that are just lost. But guys are scared to try to get evaluated because they can't afford it. It's that cut and dry. They can't afford it. As a player representative when I was with the union, I fought for lifetime medical, I fought for some measure to help the guys after the game. It's only a small percentage that makes that really, really big money, but the general public doesn't understand that. They think all professional players make big, big money, and it's not the truth. But the thing is, when the five years is up on a former player, and the medical insurance is gone and you're on your own, there are things – I know this firsthand, personally – that will be excluded if you try to go to a private insurance carrier and get covered. The joint surgeries and everything else? They won't cover them. So what is a guy to do? What is a guy to do about his brain when he takes his medical records and he's asked, "How many concussions did you sustain? Three or more? Two or more?" What's the cutoff? When will a private carrier say, "Well, we can't insure that"? – Lincoln Kennedy.

We Asked 14 Retired NFL Players: Would You Do It Again?

11. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

Good stuff.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Thanks, Rube.

Ty Webb holding for you on lines 2, 3 and 4.

Draft saved Draft deleted