1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Borland walks away from football

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 17, 2015.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Man, you are bouncing all over the place on this. We get it. The team should be happy that he decided to do what's best for him. But they are not. Nor should they be expected to be. I don't even know what your stance is, other than that he should be allowed to whatever he thinks is right, which, of course, he is.

2. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

I agree with you

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm curious to know who the former NFL player is that Borland refers to as speaking to rookies at the symposium.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. I get that the Carter thing has been a hot-take generator here, but I wasn't sure if anyone has discussed the other 99% of the story.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm actually pretty impressed that someone said that something like that happened, and then it checked out. Whether it's journalism or criminal investigations I've worked on, what the source tells you is typically leaps and bounds removed from what actually went down.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I don't think Borland's the only sane person who is struggling with their love of football. He may have had more than most to lose by walking away from it, but many people have compartmentalized their love of the sport and the knowledge it does terrible things to people.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If you stopped using Amazon out of principle, but continue to watch the NFL, you might be a hypocrite.

JackReacher likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted