1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chipper Jones Sandy Hook truther

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Feb 7, 2015.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Examples?

2. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I don't in anyway believe this, but I would be more willing to listen to someone who said Sandy Hook was done either by the government, a rogue government official or just simply a powerful person with an agenda in order to push said agenda than I would that it didn't happen at all. There is no scenario outrageous enough for me to believe it could be pulled off without someone finding out it was a hoax.

Again, I don't believe that happen, it just seems more....plausible, I guess, than it not happening at all.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I think you might be equally unhinged. Attributing Sp's comments to being liberal is absurd.

EddieM likes this.
  4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Have you never read any of his non-automobile posts?

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Maybe not. But believing people are not allowed to have certain ideas is in no way a liberal value. Don't think it's a conservative one, either, for that matter. I assumed sp was dealing in hyperbole, but it could be that he is unhinged.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Unhinged people make life interesting.

7. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

There's a poster on this board who is/was a borderline Sandy Hook truther, wonder if he will show up to offer an opinion.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Truthing about Sandy Hook is despicable. There are 20 sets of parents of the kids, and the 6 staffers, that have had large parts of their lives blasted away by this.

And I can't imagine the horrific scene that the responders came upon.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, of all the conspiracy theories, these are by far the worst. Despicable is definitely the right word. Maybe not even strong enough.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yeah, this. That is exactly my problem with these people. As stupid as the birther thing is, the President is a public figure. Right or wrong, people have always made below-the-belt personal attacks against the President and they always will.
    The parents who lost their kids in the Sandy Hook shooting are private citizens, not public figures. The fact that some may have chosen to speak publicly about their loss does not change that. They do not deserve to be called liars and crisis actors. They do not deserve to have their grief mocked. I don't care how they behaved in the days that followed the shooting. I don't care if they laughed or smiles or even if they did cartwheels, nobody should ever accuse them of being liars or crisis actors.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  11. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Someone please ask Chipper and the other truthers what happened to the woman down the road. Nice lady, an elementary principal in Connecticut who bought a weekend home here in her husband's hometown. He started walking the dogs all by himself about two years ago. I'd like to hear some alternative theories, because the truth sucks.

12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I'm terrified.

Draft saved Draft deleted