1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chip Kelly Takes Eagle Job

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This one deserves it's own thread.

ND fans flipping out.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000124356/article/brian-kelly-interviews-for-philadelphia-eagles-job

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Re: Brian Kelly Interviews With The Eagles

but but but but but I thought he was committed to Notre Dame for EVARRRR. ::) ::)

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just like he was committed to Cincinnati

4. Re: Brian Kelly Interviews With The Eagles

How easy is it to get a college student killed on a windy day when you're coaching an NFL team?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Can Don Henley and Glenn Frey share the spotlight??

6. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

With his track record, sort of surprised he waited this long to interview with another team. He could have snuck off campus for a day or two during that long six-week break between games.

7. Re: Brian Kelly Interviews With The Eagles

Really? It must be that easy to sneak out for day or two to interview with an NFL team.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Lessons learned from Charlie Weiss: Strike while you can, before you regress to the mean because of how hard it is to win there, and because you're not the genius every guy named Tim or Tommy believes you are.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Until the Browns job is filled, I still hold out hope that Saban sneaks out on Bama. That would be such a great commentary on college football that both championship game coaches bail but the players are stuck until their eligibility is up.

10. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Randy Edsall says you aren't anybody if you don't bail on your team immediately after losing in a BCS game.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Sadly for Edsall, that was a one-time play for him as it will be the only time he'll ever coach in a BCS game.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Good lord, not again, ESPN. You and your "sources".

Funniest line on the web story.... Kelly left the country after meeting with the Eagles and could not be reached for comment.

Yeah, I suppose if I had my ass kicked the way ND did on a big stage, I'd go into hiding for a while, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted