1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chip Kelly Fired...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Dec 29, 2015.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It would help if Kelly told them that if they were going to fire him just get it over with because he wants to start jumping on college openings ASAP or other NFL gigs that come open a week on Monday.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm convinced Jones likes Garrett because he looks like a younger version of himself.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Lurie said it was done now to give him time to talk to players before the season ends (and they presumably scatter).

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Jerry likes Garrett because Garrett is a Cowboys company man from way back and won't challenge him. Plus, if Garrett succeeds, Jerry will claim he knew it all along and take credit for his discovery, proving his GM genius once and for all. He's already compared Garrett to Tom Landry, noting Landry didn't post a winning record until his seventh season and went on to greatness (never mind that Landry was starting with an expansion team that didn't even get to draft before its first season).

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Strange. Although he did break up a team that was very close.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

DUCK DUCK GOOSED.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think it's because Jones wants to have sex with him. [/starman]

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Zing!

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The Chiefs haven't had a receiver not do too much as productively as Maclin in years.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

When DeSean Jackson is on the field he makes a HUGE difference for Washington. The hard part is keeping him on the field.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

He's a guy I could see immediately getting another job. I think it's common knowledge that he was in a bad situation in Indy, with a GM that doesn't have much street cred and an owner everyone thinks is a nutjob.

Of course, it remains to be seen if he's actually a good coach or his success was just a result of lucking into a franchise QB.

Draft saved Draft deleted