1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chinese food unhealthy? Who knew!?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by statrat, Mar 21, 2007.

1. statrat

statrat Member

I am shocked, shocked I tell you to find that deep fried chicken coated with a sugary sweet orange glaze and egg rolls are not good for me!
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17718517/

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Also, it tastes like crap. :D

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

It tastes worse than crap!

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

damn you chinese restaurant food!

it's chicken fried steak and gravy for me from now on.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Dead. To. Me.

------------

The lesson here, as always, is if you want something done right, do it yourself. Even a novice in the kitchen can whip up a basic stir-fry and be chowing down in less time than it would take for the delivery guy to get to your door.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Sadly it seems as though none of those posting have actually tasted Chinese food. Well, by that I mean real Chinese food and not the fast food variety.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Asking if I've been to China? No.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

See, reading that story made me want to walk around the corner and get that Chinese lunch buffet. To me, Chinese food is not only good, it's good for you.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The preceding message was sponsored by the National Asian Restaurant Retailers Association.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Not necessary. There are some damn fine places in Flushing, Chinatown (not the DC one, unfortunately) and Jersey. You just need to know where to go.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I've eaten Chinese in Chinatown. I've eaten at Chinese buffets. I've eaten it at carryout places.

All I can find that doesn't make me vomit is sweet and sour chicken, and the sauce has to be on the side. Sorry to disappoint you and keep you from being able to judge me.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

There's a Chinese place in town with a Cantonese menu and a real menu. You have to ask for the real menu.

I've had so much mediocre Chinese food if I was in China right now I'd order out for American.

Draft saved Draft deleted