1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chilling descriptions about what goes into dogfighting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jun 4, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Vile, especially with how he described how they electrocute the dogs. I have zero respect for Vick. Even if he wasn't involved, you damn well better be sure what's going on at your homes, that's for sure. Irresponsible punk.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

No offense, HB, but I hope no one reads that.

4. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

MY EYES, MY EYES

Just sick. I never want to see it or hear about it again, it is against humanity.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In Sam Sheridan's book "A Fighter's Heart," he devotes an entire chapter to the dogfighting culture. It's interesting, but it turned my stomach a couple of times.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If the evidence against Vick is anything like what is supposedly being hinted, Goodell has to drop the hammer on him.

Take a year off, Ron Mexico. Without pay. Yeah, you heard right. Without pay. That is, $13,000,000.00.

And the first person who suggests that Vick should make PSAs for humane societies, etc etc, needs to be violently flogged. Nobody needs to hear Michael Fucking Vick's thoughts (LMAO) on animal cruelty.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And that $13M should be donated to anti-dogfighting groups.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Isn't it blood money, though? In theory, it's a great idea. But doesn't the thought of $13 million coming from Michael Vick seem like a way to bribe to get back in marketers good graces?

9. It's not blood money if it benefits those who were exploited from it. Rescue groups could do a lot with that money, though it will never happen.

10. NDub

NDub Guest

I almost clicked on this link.

But I just can't.

I saw enough on the espn.com OTL piece with the blacked out/slurred speech source. That was enough.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

a) $13M is $13M no matter where it comes from;

b) If Vick, as from all current indications, is shown to have been knowingly and actively involved, he's gonna have to pay a lot more than $13M to get back in marketers' good graces.

Aggravated animal torture is probably only a bit ahead of pedophilia and cannibalism on the marketers' list of favorite behaviors.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Same here. I just can't bring myself to click on it. OTL did enough for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted