1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Children of Men. See it.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Billy Monday, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Billy Monday

Billy Monday Member

A great piece of imaginative and realistic filmmaking about the future. Great performances by several actors. It's got action, suspense, drama. A real treat.
    It also says a lot about mankind in the year 2007, depending how you interpret it.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Normally I'd say I won't miss missing it, but I may go to this one.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

This isn't the movie based on the "Y: The Last Man" comic book, is it?

4. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Saw it. Hated it.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Don't tell me what to do.

6. The Commish

The Commish Guest

Loosely based on the P.D. James novel, "Children of Men."

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

http://www.southflorida.com/movies/sfl-shchildrenjan05,0,7244731.story?coll=sfe-movies-promo

My Phoebe gave it a mere two stars of four, while numerous critics have put this film in their top three that they screened in 2006.

8. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

I'm always a sucker for dystopian flicks.

9. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Saw it today and I'm fucking depressed about it.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Depressed how?

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

He's probably depressed because he's got so many damn questions that he can't answer after watching this movie.

Son of a bitch, this plot, camerawork and acting had all the makings of an Academy Award winner. Seriously. It was that damn good.

But they shot that all to hell by taking the easy road and failing to explain ... well, pretty much everything. You've got no idea who some people are, what their relationships to one another are, why they're doing the shit that they're doing or what might happen if they accomplish their overall goal.

But far worse than that, and I don't think I'm spoiling anything here, the entire plot is centered around the fact that all the women of the world are infertile, yet they never even attempt to explain WHY THE HELL THAT IS.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Probably the Gay Agenda is what I'm thinking.

Draft saved Draft deleted