1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Child Stars

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Aug 7, 2006.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

This is thread-detouring but it came up the other day when Mrs Miler and I were viewing our Twilight Zone DVDs.

I'm convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that Bill Mumy was the best actor as a pre-teen ever. Episodes of Twilight Zone (It's A Good Life as a six-year-old telekinetic monster and In Praise of Pip, as son of bookie Jackie Klugman with Vietnam thrown in). Add to that Lost in Space, Bless the Beasts and Children, a couple of turns on Rockford and forty years later sequel It's Still A Good Life (with his daughter who is spookily similar in look). He seems like just about the most well-adjusted child star to boot in the TZ extras.

YHS, etc

2. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Punky Brewster grew up real nice.

3. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Full House rocks you idiot.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Didn't she once date Luc Robitaille?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nancy McKeon was hot; Kristy McNichol was not...

And Full House sucked, kid. Deal with it.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Bill Murray was a child?

7. Flash

Flash Guest

I'm an idiot? Pleased to meet you, cockbreath.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It sucks now, but when we were younger, we couldn't help but watch it every week (at least, I don't know a single person in their 20's who couldn't miss it, but maybe I just know losers). Same with Saved by the Bell...it was a HORRIBLE show, but everyone loved it.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

To quote Joey on that show, would the two of you please "cut (hand motion 1) it (hand motoin 2) out (hand motion 3)"

Never watched the show in primetime only in syndication. It's one of those bad shows you can't resist watching if you're in a weird mood.

Draft saved Draft deleted