1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chiefs trade Allen to Vikings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If they look at Ryan at 5 (if he's there), they would be foolish. Build the line first. You can win in the NFL, even with mediocre quarterbacks, if you can control the line of scrimmage. Miami's going that way, with Jake Long signing today, and the Chiefs ought to do the same. Give Huard another chance, and if he can't get it done this season, address the position a year from now.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'd trade down with someone like the Bengals or Saints who really want Ellis (or Dorsey in the rare chance he's still there). Take Albert or Clady there, a much better value at the pick and get yet another mid-round selection.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Huard sucks. He looks like a loser. As a Bears fan, I know of what I speak. I agree, in general, about building the OL first. A good OL/running game and a good defense can get you to a Super Bowl without a good QB. Bears proved that. However, I don't think a team should reach for an OL (or a QB for that matter) too early if they can get one later. This draft is heavy on OL in the middle of the first round. The depth at QB is not as good. That's why I brought it up.

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

ESPN now says it's the first-rounder, two 3s and a swap of sixth rounders to move Vikings up there ...

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Chiefs ought to use the No. 17 pick on offensive line; first pick goes to Chris Long, Sedrick Ellis or whoever they see fit to address Allen's departure on the d-line.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Chiefs with 13 f-ing picks this year. Saturday and Sunday are going to be very interesting at 1 Arrowhead.
    I'm probably eating my words, but methinks even King Carl can't screw this one up. It now gives KC the ability to grab Chris Long/Vernon Gholston and then grab one of the tackles at No. 17.
    I'm pretty happy with this.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

On another note -- Minny's defense is now looking even better for Fantasy Football purposes [/fantasynerd].

8. pallister

pallister Guest

It was damn good already fantasywise.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Looks like Allen's going to be the highest paid defender in the league with the Vikings, making $74 million over six years with $31 million guaranteed. The Chiefs are getting the Vikes' first and both third round picks.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8061676/Vikes,-Chiefs-make-blockbuster-deal-for-DE-Allen

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Allen's not that good. If the Chiefs do anything with those extra picks, the Vikings will regret this. At least I hope it works out that way.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Given KC's need for new blood, 13 picks is the way to go. However, King Carl can indeed screw this up. KC's last playoff win was with Joe Montana at QB... against a franchise that's moved twice and changed identities since then. It's very, very possible for the Chiefs to fuck this up.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If I was a Vikings fan, I would flinch anytime they packaged picks together for one player.

Draft saved Draft deleted