1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

chicago

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pallister, Jun 30, 2006.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

All the talk about Chicago on the vacation thread got me thinking. I'll be in Chicago on vacation July 20-23. If's there's anyone out there in SportsJournalists.comland in the area at that time, I'd be happy to meet up and buy some beers. Even if you don't drink Old Style or Miller Lite (in cans, sportschick).

Just thought I'd ask since Chicago seems to have generous representation on the board.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'll be in Chicago from July 14-24.

3. joe

joe Active Member

I'll be nowhere near Chicago then, but take some advice: Go to the modern art museum. Picasso, Van Gogh, Pollack, O'Keefe. Make sure you have at least four hours. And even then, you won't touch what it has to offer. My favorite part of the Loop.

4. Wow! I'll be in Chicago on vacation then, too. I'd be interested in getting together if something develops.

Joe, are you talking about the Museume of Contemporary Art of the Art Institute?

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Picassos ... four hours ... a day ... there's a good line in there somewhere ...

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I used to live in Chicago for 2 years and I continue to visit there. The only thing I hate about it is Chinatown. It's like the bootlegged version of San Francisco's version. Everytime I go there I feel like taking a shower.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I've never been to SF's version, but last I heard, the Chinatown area in Chicago has not held up well. Of course, it could be gentrified by next week.

Draft saved Draft deleted