1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chicago Tribune looking for agate editors

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Kellams, Aug 25, 2011.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Don't state it this clearly often on here, but ... you are wrong here. 100% wrong. No call to jump mizzou for that.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'll state it just as clearly. You are 100% wrong. His unknowledgeable answer deserved to be jumped on.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Mike Kellams comes across like a cry baby who's ashamed to say what these jobs pay.

Don't like the snark, fine. Be more open about the positions and you'll get a lot less of it.

Meanwhile, this guy can't figure out a way to criticize someone for being (in his opinion) an ass, without being one himself.

And, I sure the point is lost on him.

And, since you've referenced it twice, go back and read my post on the other thread. I said, "dress appropriately."

There is a difference. And it does make a difference.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sure I can.

I chose not to.

5. YankeeFan

So says the guy with 23 posts under his own name, but who appears familiar with Mizzou's posting history and the general tone of the whole board.

So, what's your other handle Mike?

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

You do realize that there are a lot of people who read the site a good deal, but don't post much, don't you? Maybe Mike does have another handle, but it's also very possible that this is the only one and he just doesn't post often.

7. jr/shotglass

With those kind of openers, I can see why.

And yes, he can multiply those 23 posts a few times before telling people that there's a time to cut the chatter here.

8. YankeeFan

I'm sure Mike can answer the question just fine without your help.

9. Situation

Situation Member

So what's the pay for this kind of gig?

10. jr/shotglass

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

1. Mike is posting a job here. One that pays. Never knew that was frowned upon.

2. Mike rebutted Mizzou. Was he harsh about it? Yes. But he's allowed. I've seen far worse just on this part of the board.

3. There is a middle ground here, but seems like everyone's staked out the flanks, already.

4. I never knew we were into outing people. I'm sure there's good reason he would like to keep his other handle, if he does have one, to himself.

5. No, I'm not applying (as of now). I'm happy with my job.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I have no doubt this job will pay a salary which allows the employee to live in Chicago without having multiple roommates.

Draft saved Draft deleted