1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chi ha viaggiado in Italia?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PeteyPirate, Mar 28, 2008.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I'm looking for suggestions. I'm taking a trip (girlfriend, sister, mother, aunts, uncles, family friends in tow) to Italy this summer. We will be based out of Cortona, where a family friend (not George Clooney) has rented a 12-bedroom country villa for the week and generously invited us to stay. We're arriving on a Saturday and flying back the following Saturday. It looks like the closest airports are in Florence or Perugia, about 60-80 miles (or 100-130 km, if you prefer) away. Rome looks like about a 3-4 hour drive. I've never been to Italy, but it has been at the top of my list for a long time. Any ideas on how I maximize my tourist experience, keeping in mind my location and that part of the point of the trip is to spend time with family as well?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: Chi e viaggiado a Italia?

Don't maximize your tourist experience. Maximize your life experience.

Go to the local restaurants. Go to the farmers' market. Spend a day just exploring the countryside.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I would say check the train systems and schedules. Much like Inky said, maximize the life experience. Take the train to Rome and spend a day. Get to Florence. And you should probably work in a day at a beach on the Mediterranean.

Draft saved Draft deleted