1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheryl Miller vs Scot Pollard, NBA TV

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by YankeeFan, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Nothing more than feigned anger and chummy banter that wasn't all that funny.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

miller weighs twice that of deyol, but bret is a biter. he might give her a go.

3. dargan

dargan Active Member

You must not have prior knowledge of Scot Pollard and his off-the-wall sense of humor.

Best line of the clip was when Pollard said he'd start sweating and jumping around if the national anthem started playing.

4. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

I think Miller really was hacked off. I don't see how anybody can criticize Pollard. He had to say something. She was out of control. I really do feel she should be suspended. She was a total bitch. When she was doing the typing bit with her fingers ... that was creepy. She was like the wicked witch of the west.

5. hwkcrz1

hwkcrz1 Member

Only thing more awkward was Paul Davis on Millionaire Matchmaker

6. agateguy

agateguy Member

Two minutes into the video and I was uncomfortable as hell watching it. Cheryl Miller's attitude and actions were over the top unprofessional, and the entire situation should have been handled off-air.

Perhaps they are trying to fill time, and I understand that doing so can be difficult at times. But why on earth would someone think that this is something that should be on the air?

7. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

a positive: at least Miller's ramblings were an honest demonstration of ego, thus providing a needed counterweight to the false humility displayed by most top-line athletes when the mikes are live

8. jimmydangles

jimmydangles Member

Ah, Miller tried way too hard. Was quite uncomfortable to watch.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Scot Pollard is a great man. And I think he did a pretty good job of trying to rescue this segment from the wildfire that was blazing out of control.

Draft saved Draft deleted