1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheryl Miller vs Scot Pollard, NBA TV

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by YankeeFan, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Like she has for as long as I can remember. Why she is on television, I have no idea.

2. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

I've heard Cheryl Miller is a bitch; this video proves it. Wow.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

much like my high school girlfriend, that was an odd, odd little piece.

4. dargan

dargan Active Member

Scot Pollard just confirmed why he is a legend of basketball and humanity to me, my brother, and two of my cousins.

Cheryl Miller? I didn't know Reggie Miller had a sister?

5. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

That was the most uncomfortable, most unprofessional piece of television I've ever seen. Cheryl Miller should be fired, along with that asshole of a host.

6. noodles

noodles Member

As Cheryl liked to say in the piece, "ballers around the world." Hey ballers now know she's a no-talent loser. Just get her off TV. What does she add to anything? Great, you were a fine player like 20 years ago. Now go away. Far away. Please.

7. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

He smoked it.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

"Are you telling random strangers to google you?"

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

All three of them, along with the director, should be suspended. There's no way anyone should have been a part of that, and there's no way it should have run for four minutes -- over the span of a game. Most anyone thinking about signing up for the network won't do it now, at least not for the analysis.

No one cares about your ring, Pollard, whether you earned it or not. And there's no excuse for Miller to call out her coworkers and employers on air, in front of -- for arguments sake -- several thousands of people. The host egged them on for a bit and didn't try to veer the conversation toward whatever game they were suppose to analyze, at least no honest try. He was too busy giggling over the childish squabble. The director, well, that's his or her baby. The director's got to cut to a break and do it quickly. They've got to have a back-up plan, a highlight package with audio, for some emergency situation. This is the time to use it.

No one is innocent here. It's not just Miller's problem, though she'll probably take much of the fall -- if there is one.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

They're trying to catch Charles Barkley in a bottle (no pun intended). Plus, if you've ever watched NBATV programming, time-killing skills are at a premium. There are guest analysts who are far less entertaining killing far more time.

11. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Exactly, they're trying to get that thing Barkley has going with TNT. I actually thought Pollard was pretty fucking funny and made her look like a fool.

12. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Cheryl is very quick to anger, from what I've seen on site at some of her sideline gigs.

In fact, I'm not sure who would win, Cheryl vs. Doyel.

Draft saved Draft deleted