1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheney: My book will have ‘heads exploding’ in D.C.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, a lot of innocent people's heads have literally exploded due to Cheney's policies.

2. Dick Cheney is the type of jerk who demands loyalty from others but shows none himself. I'm sure we'll see his lack of loyalty to others throughout this book.

I've long thought Bush might have been a decent president if he had made a better VP choice. Bush allowing Cheney to run roughshod is one of the biggest disappointments to me in the last 25 years.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

F_B finishes Chapter 1.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bush wouldn't make a decent janitor.

I'd love to see this book head to the $1.99 rack in a week.

Also very funny that he's pitching it in an NBC interview. Goddamn liberal media strikes again.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Cheney's always been a smart operator who knew how to play to the media. Who else would leak something to the NY Times then use that "story" as proof that action was needed without disclosing that he was the original source? Who else would time his book's publication around the 10th anniversary of 9/11? Who else would wait three years to complete his memoir allowing him time to settle all of the scores from earlier books from members of the administration? And time to second-guess how the succeeding administration handled his unfinished business.
    I really would have liked to have read the chapter on bin Laden that was written before the Seals road trip to Abbottabod.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Every single Republican Presidential candidate must be ready to turn a microwave oven on right next to Cheney and his pacemaker. If there's one thing they don't want, it's a lot of publicity for the previous administration's least popular figure. They're hoping to shove 2001-2008 down the memory hole, and who can blame them?

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Take him at his word. He made that one guy's head explode with a light load of birdshot.

9. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Welch no longer runs General Electric, and GE no longer is majority owner of NBC. Do try again.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Say what you want, but Dick Cheney was a pretty good dictator while he lasted.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Drudge claims to have exclusive excerpts...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashdc.htm

Miller testified that it was Libby who told her that Plame worked for the CIA. Libby testified that Cheney instructed him, before his meeting with Miller, to "get everything out" about l'affair Wilson. And Time's Daniel Cooper testified that it was Libby — shortly after that "get it out" edict — who confirmed to him that Plame was CIA.

And Cheney's still playing the "it wasn't me" game. Ugh.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I beg to differ. So, in his estimation we might as well carpet bombed the entire Middle East, get it all done at one time.

Draft saved Draft deleted