1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheney blood clot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You have a point, there.

This would be a good place to point out that I wish Cheney a long and healthy life.

Do you hear that? A long and healthy life!

2. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

I'm not sure. Rice would be a more substantive candidate than Romney or Giuliani, but how does she ever live down the "smoking gun as a mushroom cloud" episode(s). She was a key part and a public face of an ill-informed, ill-prepared, cynical and misleading push for an unnecessary war that turned into a disaster.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Warfarin, BTW, is the active ingredient in rat poison.

How ironic.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That's no blood clot, you can't screw 300,000,000 Americans and not catch something

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I hope he's OK. I wouldn't want him to miss his impeachment trial.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Doc, what always makes me cringe when I hear this is that warfarin is rat poison, right? Not to make light of a medical situation that can lead to a pulmonary embolism, but can Cheney, in particular, survive a dose of rat poison?

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Death by heart failure or coronary embolism is too good for Cheney. If you've ever seen "Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead," a more suitable way for Cheney to go is discussed...

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Buckwheats?

9. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

You jackass. AlleyAllen just said it on the last frickin' page - Karma....

I don't care how repugnant, how dispicable, how hideous a human being is - normal people don't wish bad things to happen to anyone.

As was also previously mentioned on this very thread - Clinton had his bypass a couple years back, and nobody here wished him to die. He was certainly a polarizing person - people either loved him or hated him. Me, not so much, given I struggled financially while he was in office and am doing fine now, but I still don't wish the guy death.

So, I'm saying this once and for all - can we PLEASE stop wishing for people to die horrible deaths? If you do, you're even lower scum than he is....

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

That's not possible.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

TAP! TAP!

Is this freaking microphone even working?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

While I agree with your sentiment, Cheney is evil. A mean, lying, money grubbing, parasite whi is the proximate cause of a war that has killed and maimed 10s of thousands in Iraq. His death will not undue the damage he has caused this planet and it's people. While his existance is a crime against humanity, a heart attack is not justice. And therefore, I do not wish his death from this blood clot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.