1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheers to everyone...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheWhiskeyDiaries, Aug 25, 2012.

1. TheWhiskeyDiaries

TheWhiskeyDiaries New Member

Who survived another first Friday Night.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

That was last week for us. Tonight was Week 2. But yes, cheers to all who made it through.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I survived my Last Friday Night. Only because my ex-boss and his wife chaperoned me. Next week the pigskin starts flying for real.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Made it after pulling an all-nighter Thursday when the power went out.

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

One down, nine to go...

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Tonight was Week 0 -- handful off jamborees, some small Christian school league games and some volleyball. Next week is hell, especially now that we have to handle the whole state instead of our area, and a third of the staff will be out somewhere covering a game, family plans or in Dallas watching the world's most arrogant fan base squaring up against the most entitled one...

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I always love getting a high school football game in before the college season starts ... kind of like a warm-up for the real thing next week. Our night seemed to go fairly well, though I had the game farthest from the office and it of course ended up being the longest one. Knocked out stats and a gamer in less than 30 minutes though, so I felt back on point.

8. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Next week is Week 1 for us, and Local High is playing at a school closer to my house than Local High is. I like that.

No other sports until after Labor Day Weekend.

The wonder that is upstate New York.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Roll Arrogance.

Also, Notre Dame thinks it deserves the entitlement title. Knute Rockne would have wanted it that way.

10. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

It actually went well. Although the guy who handles stats from our best area team (which was playing on the road out of the area) sent us an e-mail and forgot the attachment. We got a hold of him in time to get stats, but it was close.

11. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Yeah, Aug. 31 is our first Friday night. We have some colleges doing stuff now, but the high schools get going next weekend.

Draft saved Draft deleted