1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheering for the enemy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Mar 25, 2009.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That's how my league did, at least with the sponsors.

One team I played on was sponsored by Dairy Queen. The best thing if we won? Free ice cream.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Went to the first team meeting for the Giants tonight and the coach and his kid were wearing Dodger caps. Coach said he doesn't want to wear a Giants cap, but that's the team they gave him.
    And yes, this post was mostly in jest.
    Of course, I'm gonna cheer for my kid and his team, I'm not putting his name on a sticker on my car and I'm not dressing in team colors.
    He plays for fun and exercise.
    When the boy found out he was on the Giants, he razzed the old man, saying I had to get a lid.
    I told him I'd float it here to see what you folks would say.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I was an assistant coach on my young brother's T-ball team when I was in college — hey, we're Catholic — and my dad was the head coach. We asked to be the Cubs, and those stupid sons of bitches in the league made us the White Sox. I kept the uniform jersey and hat in the backseat of my truck all season long, and I only wore them during games. Both were off my head approximately 5 seconds before and after each game.

Total bullshit.

Then, of course, we went undefeated and won the league, so all the kids wanted to stay White Sox the next year. And, of course, I told them "absolutely not," because all White Sox were bad people who would never win anything in the game of life. The next year, we were the Cubs ... and we won the entire city championship.

Suck it, Southside filth!

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice to know the Cubs can win some kind of champeenship

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

If those jackhammers would just let me coach one season, I'd be the coaching version of Uncle Rico. We'd win it all.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

WFW.

7. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Get those Giants hats with the script "G" rather than the SF. Then you can be official and stick to your guns.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Or, alternately:

[​IMG]

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If Lou Pineilla coached your brother's T-ball team, he'd have pulled the pitcher too early and those Cubs would have lost, too.

P.S. -- Go White Sox. I love South side filth!

Draft saved Draft deleted