1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheech and Chong to spark 'em up again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

For years I've read Cheech in interviews say that ship sailed, how Chong never could handle their split and begged him to keep their shtick alive. Not sure how it would work now. I was always baked beyond belief watching their movies, which were funny as shit. "Still Smokin'" when they go to Amsterdam is so goddamn goofy-funny; I still quote lines. But that era is over. Cheech was rather good in "Born in East L.A." Not to mention, he's a pretty intelligent dude if you've ever seen him on Jeopardy and such.

Having ditched weed, it would be interesting to see this to see if the boys are a train wreck in today's times.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Their musical bits are definitely underrated. "Black Lassie," their Johnny Cash-meets-'70 blaxploitation soul number, is a classic. They were probably at their best in the bits which didn't involve weed.
    I gotta go to the can, man.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Dave's not here.

4. cortez

cortez Member

Sister Mary Elephant

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Earache, My Eye....Basketball Jones....

6. Songbird

Mr. Burt ... Mr. Dolly ...

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, this is Dave, I got the stuff!

8. Songbird

Donkeysmell.

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

"Bailiff, whack his pee-pee."

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Not stronger than the smell of cash, which makes all feuds go up in smoke.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

"You get a goddamn job before sundown, or we're shipping you off to military school with the goddamn Finkelstein-shit kid! Son of a bitch!"

The supporting players in Up in Smoke were legendary.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Very funny line....I can still hear the disdain that the guy used in that line particularly the "goddamn Finkelstein-shit kid" part.

Chong had a great car in that movie too: the VW Bug with the Rolls front....

Draft saved Draft deleted