1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Aug 25, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I've never had a problem with credit cards, but I have lost my wallet twice in four years.

I read somewhere that it's good to make a list of everything you keep in your wallet with the phone numbers and account numbers for all of your cards. You leave this at home somewhere safe, and then you can cancel things if you lose your wallet. Of course, I didn't heed that advice. So I sat in a daze trying to remember the names of all of my debtors.

As for credit cards, a trick that an old acquaintance mentioned once was quite clever. He worked in a gas station, and he added $5 or $10 to customers' credit card purchases after they left and deposited the same amount in cash into his pocket. This way, it wouldn't appear out of the ordinary to them. And who remembers whether that gas you bought last month was $20 or $25?

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

It hasn't happened to me, but yeah, it makes sense to let the credit card companies know that if you are travelling out of the country for a period of time on vacation, you should alert them so they don't think it is someone charging stuff to your card.

It helps prevent them from locking down your card and that's no fun when you might really need it.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

DAMN! That's a great idea!

*searching for gas station job nearby*

Draft saved Draft deleted