1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Wow, this is a first time for me. I was just checking my VISA account online to see what I have left for Vegas trip next month. I noticed a couple of odd entries, just small amounts.
    So I called my bank and lo and behold, some major action on my credit card has been declined in the last few weeks. Bastards even tried charging a Canjet flight to my card.
    It's a darn good thing I usually keep my credit card almost maxed out!!!
    At least VISA is reversing the charges and sending me a new card. And I'm glad I caught this before they could do too much damage in my name.
    Just be careful because you never know how slimy people can really be!

2. Douglas

Douglas Member

Flash, wonderful reminder. Thank you!

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Yeah, a charge in Markham, Ont., and one for Beijing really threw me off!!

4. hawker14

hawker14 Member

sorry. i needed money for crack since i've been hanging out with kevin stevens lately.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Like Moddy always says ... be careful out there.

I made an ATM deposit 2 days ago and called the bank's toll-free line to check whether it went through, and it said the deposit was only $100. (It was more than 10x that.)

I saved my receipt, as always, so I was about to call customer service. But beforehand I checked, and they had credited the full amount.

6. busuncle

busuncle Member

Yeah, I got roughly a thousand dollars worth of charges from Montreal on my bill several months ago. Strangely, I still had the card in my physical possession, so they must have had some sort of sophisticated operation going.

The weirdest thing was that all it took was a three-minute call to the credit card company to wipe out all the charges. They didn't seem particuarly interested in any details of the incident, etc. They just asked which charges were fraudulent, erased them and said have a nice day.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Yeah, I'm almost surprised how easy it was. They asked me if I do any online shopping. I said yeah, all the time, but I usually only use Paypal and a couple of other secure sites to do my transactions.
    They have a new program called Verified by VISA into which I'll be checking when I get my new card next week.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Damn.
    The Markham one was mine. :)

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Oh, so that's how you financed your sex change! :D

10. Flash

Flash Guest

HEY!!! Bad enough you men get in my head. Get out of my wallet!!

11. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

A similar thing happened to me about a year ago. AmSouth was tremendous (it was my check card), didn't charge me for what had been wrongly charged to me.

But then again, that was through the bank. I don't know about how credit card companies work.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

No changing. He still has to have sex with me. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted