1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheating on your wife: A tradition like no other

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 19, 2009.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Didn't know he was offered The Early Show. He turned it down because the wife didn't want him to do it? How about not taking it because you don't want to wake up at 3 a.m. every day for a No. 3-ranked morning show and walk away from arguably the best chair in sports television?

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Do you have any basis for your assessment other than the linked story above?

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Often the reason people have money is because they're loathe to give up any of it.

Anyway, the story might have had a pro-Nantz slant, but it also made him sound incredibly needy. You know how your wife was supporting you? By raising your daughter! Plus, I get the sense after weeks on the road being told how much his shit didn't stink, Nantz didn't like coming home to find out that it did.

That snark aside, I'd be curious to hear from those of you on this board who travel a ton, and how you handle it in a marital and family situation. I've seen people who can handle it, and I've seen couples where the constant separation has been an unbelievable strain.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. No, that's why I said "if he's 100% telling the truth..."

5. The woman had to have sex with Jim Nance.

Hasn't she suffered enough?

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

She did?

[​IMG]

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Well-struck, EB. You must be playing a Titleist, the No. 1 ball in golf! [/nantzvoice]

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

This thing should have settled, for cripes.

I love this quote:

"She didn't want to know anything about it. I ended up writing it in an office at Wingfoot."

Shed a tear for Jim.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You won't see Jim posting on the divorce thread on Anything Goes board. I bet he's already mackin' anything that moves getting on with his life.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Lorrie Nantz earns an A in Finance! Lorrie, Lorrie, Hallelujah! The gavel's been struck and she gets half!!

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

While on the witness stand, Nantz admitted he has a 29-year-old girlfriend who he met while promoting his book, "Always By My Side," which he wrote about his now deceased father, that was published in May 2008.

Classy.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I agree. It seemed like the story was incredibly one-sided -- so much so, it made Nantz out to be a spineless tool (can't work at home, can't hang painting at home, wife doesn't support his career as much as she should, etc.).

Draft saved Draft deleted