1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheap Seats support group

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Babe Didrikson, Nov 13, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I saw one of those this summer -- 1983 or 1984 Seahawks.

Classic stuff -- cheesy uniforms, Kingdome, AFC West battles.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

"He played collegiate ball at a school that no longer even exists, but tiny Milton College would be hard-pressed to find a better standard-bearer than David Krieg"

3. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I enjoy Cheap Seats when I catch it (usually the late-night showing on weeknights). It's the closest thing to MST3K that's on television right now. Hopefully, ESPN Classic won't can the late-night run.

4. Sports TV SAT:

Cheap Seats is to MST3K as The Flintstones is to The Honeymooners.
    The Sklar Brothers are the living, breathing definition of Not Bringing The Funny.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Before the cable company turned my cable off, that's the only show on Classic that I could stand to watch. They air, what, three or four episodes back-to-back every afternoon?

6. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I have nothing clever, so I'll merely offer that we agree to disagree.

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

My 11-year-old daughter loves Cheap Seats, and I will miss the sound of her laughing hysterically at the show.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

That Oblongs where the Will Ferrell character is a lifeguard is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Aw criminy!

9. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

How bout I stand and deliver!

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

TBS has apparently disbanded their Too Funny To Sleep block, or at least they're not showing The Oblongs and Mission Hill. More's the pity; it took me a while to get the Oblongs, but once I did, I had it bad. They could easily revive it with the guy who did Daria's dad's voice in Will Ferrell's spot, considering that's who I thought it was all this time.

11. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Great show .. sad to see it go if it's true.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Twice at the lunch hour, once at dinner.

Lots of reruns, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted